Common names: filet mignon, chateaubriand (roast)
- The most tender beef cut
- Lean, with a subtle flavour, compact shape and delicate texture
Common names: top blade steak, top blade filet, shoulder top blade steak
- The second-most tender beef cut
- Well-marbled, flavourful and juicy
Common names: New York strip, Kansas City steak, Manhattan steak
- A classic, premium steakhouse cut
- Full-flavoured, well-marbled, tender and lean
Center Cut Top Sirloin Steak
- One of the leanest of all steaks
- Versatile, juicy, tender and flavourful
Consists of two tender steaks – strip steak and tenderloin – connected by a telltale T-shaped bone
- Tenderloin portion is larger than 1-1/4 inch in diameter
Common names: Delmonico (boneless), cowboy steak (bone-in)
- Rich, juicy, tender and full-flavoured
- Generous marbling throughout
T Bone Steak
Like the Porterhous, a strip steak and tenderloin connected be a T-shaped bone. Tenderloin portion is smaller than 1-1/4 inch in diameter.
Common names: rib roast, bone-in ribeye roast, standing rib roast
- Prime Rib is roasted whole, then carved; raw roast may also be cut into ribeye steaks for the grill
- Generously marbled, with rich flavour
- Juicy and tender
Center Cut sirloin Steak
Common names: baseball cut, baseball steak, center-cut sirloin
- This versatile steak is cut from the top sirloin. Lean, juicy and tender, it boasts good flavour
Baseball Cut Sirloin Steak
Common names: sirloin filet, faux filet
- Often called the “baseball” cut due to its rounded shape
- A lean steak trimmed from the center of the sirloin
Lean and flavourful, and should be thinly sliced against the grain when carving. An ideal choice to marinate.
Common names: chuck short ribs, English short ribs, plate short ribs, rib short ribs, ribs
- May be bone-in or boneless. Very flavourful, moist and tender when braised.
Shoulder Tender Medallions
Common names: petite shoulder tender medallions, shoulder medallions, shoulder tender medallions, teres major medallions
- One of the most tender beef cuts. Lean, juicy and versatile, with excellent flavour.
Common names: inside skirt steak, outside skirt steak
- Boasts deep, rich, beefy flavour. Best when marinated before grilling; when slicing, cut against the grain.